Wednesday, July 22, 2009

This Blog

This is a new blog that will feature posts by me on strategies and trends in the sports world. My predominant concern is with Texas football, however that sport has not quite reached the full-year level necessary to keep me occupied with interesting thoughts so it is more than likely that I will branch into the NFL, NBA and other collegiate concerns.
My approach is to fill the role created by Bill Simmons for the VP of Common Sense. Or rather, call me the Assistant to the VP of Common Sense. I want to demystify the complexities of football for the average fan, explain or analyze trends in sports, and still be willing to call out what I consider to be boneheaded mistakes by people in sports.
The next post will likely cover a trend in the NFL that has interested me recently, but it could just as easily be part of a huge sweeping preview I'll do for the upcoming Texas football season, should be fun...
-Ian Boyd

5 comments:

  1. I'm in. I noticed, however, the blatant lack of reference to the greatest of sports: baseball. I'll overlook the oversight. This time.

    Lane Mears

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might write some baseball. Overall, I believe that the general strategy of my Boston Red Sox is the greatest possible strategy and likely to result in more championships over the next few years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Sox have done well (and my wife's great-grandfather played RF for the Sox and is in the baseball HoF), but my Rangers have spanked them the last two nights. The Rangers' strategy the last 24 months of trading Teixeira for a boatload of prospects, investing in international players, and paying over slot in the draft will have them in thick of pennant races for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe, if you can get over the lack of starting pitching in the playoffs and some of that draft investment yields a starter or two. The Red Sox have invested more in their farm system and it's been very profitable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's about time!!! Very excited to keep up with this blog.

    ReplyDelete